It’s really important that you register with the university. You’ve got until September 30th to do this, but the sooner you do it, the better 🙂
Here’s a step-by-step guide to completing Registration online. You must complete steps 1-9 before paying your tuition fees (step 10).
If you need any help along the way, you can contact our Student Services Centre on email@example.com or +44 (0)161 275 5000, or ring the Registration Helpline (September only) on +44 (0)161 306 5544. Alternatively, you can wait until you are in Manchester to get help from a member of our IT Support team.
To begin the process, access the Registration portlet in My Manchester. You’ll need your central username and password which you were given when you activated your IT account.
Clicking the ‘Register’ button will take you through ten screens to officially register your place with us. At the end of each step, a green ‘completed’ tick will appear. To go back to a previous section, simply click on the step you want to return to; do not use the back button on your browser.
Step 1: Name and personal details
- Check that your name is spelled correctly as your details in this section is how they will appear on all University documentation, including your degree certificate.
- If you have a disability, you are strongly encouraged to let us know as we offer a range of services that can help support your studies. Alternatively, contact our Disability Support Office to discuss support and facilities available.
- If you are joining the University as a Care Leaver and would like to request a new student advisory meeting, please contact our Adviser for Care Leavers on +44 (0)161 275 3033.
Step 2: Address details
- You must enter your ‘permanent home’ address, and ‘mail’ and ‘term time’ addresses if known.
- Your ‘mail’ address lets you specify which of these addresses you want us to use to write to you.
Step 3: Bursary options
- UK/EU students who began their studies in or after 2012/13 should indicate their preferred option for receipt of any University bursary they may be eligible to receive when assessed. This is not confirmation that you are eligible for a bursary.
- UK students in University accommodation can select either an accommodation discount or a tuition fee discount.
- UK students in private accommodation and EU students will only see an optionfor tuition fee discount.
- PGCE students will not see this step as it does not relate to any Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA) Bursary you may be eligible to receive. If you are not in receipt of a TDA Bursary, you will automatically be assessed for the Manchester Bursary without completing this step.
Step 4: Phone numbers
- Add your term time and mobile phone numbers in case we need to contact you.
Step 5: Email addresses
- You will automatically be given an email address that ends ‘@student.manchester.ac.uk’, or ‘@mbs.manchester.ac.uk’, or ‘@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk’. This is the address we will use when contacting you by email.
Step 6: Emergency contact details
- This information is needed in case you are involved in a serious incident.
Step 7: Other information
- Indicate the highest qualification you have gained (e.g. A Levels or previous undergraduate degree) prior to your starting at the University. A drop down box is provided for you to select the relevant award.
- If you have any queries regarding this section, please contact us via the details at the top of the page.
Step 8: Programme details
- Check that the details showing on this page regarding your chosen course or programme of study is correct.
- Please contact your School or Faculty if your programme details are incorrect.
Step 9: Declaration and data protection
- It’s very important you read and understand the Declaration Statement and tick the box to confirm that you agree to abide by The University of Manchester’s statutes, ordinances, regulations and by-laws, including academic malpractice.
- You should read the Data Protection Statement carefully so that you are fully aware of what we will do with your personal information, and your rights in connection with the Data Protection Act – and then tick the box at the end to confirm you have read and understood it.
- For more information, go to our Data Protection website.
- If you have any concerns about data protection, you can contact our Records Management Office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 10: Paying your tuition fees
You need to have completed steps 1-9 before you can pay your tuition fees. Any tuition fee you are due to pay will be displayed in the Student Contribution box, along with any sponsorship information you have provided.
If the amount is incorrect or you have any other problems paying your fees, call our Registration Helpline on +44(0)161 306 5544 or email email@example.com.
Please note: We reserve the right to charge the correct fee for your programme or course in the event of an incorrect fee being displayed.
For more information around tuition fees and payments, visit the Student Support website.